Friday, March 14, 2008

No Fair. Second Round.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh!
Have I ever said here what kind of a patient I am when I'm sick? No? Ah. Well I'm not. A patient that is. Because see I'm never sick. My nose can be running, my throat hurt and so on and on. But I'm not sick. Nope. Deny, deny, deny is my motto. This is why I never go to the doctor except if I'm pregnant that is. Which is really silly because then, I'm actually just pregnant and not sick at all. But I guess that I feel that it's not just me anymore but another human being so I go. And I'm sure I'm quite difficult when I do go but it's their fault after all. Why do they have to make you feel like like you have some kind of disease instead of just carrying a baby. It's not really conducive to peace and happiness to pee in a hobbit size cup every month in a doctor's office bathroom when you can't even remember what your legs look like. And then it goes on your fingers and...hum? Sorry I disgress.
So, I knew I was sick of course, you can't really fail to notice a fever when it goes past 103F ( 39.4C.). But, actually I was a little sleepy and that's about it. I took fever reducing medicine and sipped my tea and continued life as usual. After 3 days of this it morphed into an mind splitting headache and neck ache. At that point I was miserable and in bed because I couldn't move anything anymore. Painkillers only took the very edge off but that's it. And then...I couldn't breathe through my nose and pain increased and that was 2 more days. At the end of that second day I'm told I looked so bad off that Mark came very close to get me to the emergency room.
And then it went away as quickly as it came on. I'm very very relieved, I wouldn't wish that thing on my worse enemy.
Or maybe like a really bad one maybe.
Did I just say that?
The only thing left is that horrible cough that hurts like you have a broken rib. But, definite improvement.
And today is the beginning of spring break. That's great. I can enjoy my 2 children all-day-long. They were at each other's throat 45 mns after coming back from school already.
I want to go to a spa.

5 comments:

Candy said...

ouch!!!
You're the second friend today (the other is a woman, mom of twins) who talks about having been badly sick, getting stuck to denial, getting stuck to bed, and was close to be taken to the emergency room!

You must absolutely listen to moma candy and next time you don't wait till the baddie (flu or whatever) goes away by itself! (usually the baddie always comes back quickly, to remind you that you are his 4 stars hotel!)

It's just that without being sick, our days are already exhausting enough, soooo you just don't *need* to waste your energy.

Next time, you call the doc, he'll give you the medicine you don't want to take :P, and then you'll recover in a couple of days only!

Tell me you'll do it! :-)

Laurienna said...

Candy Froggie:
:):)But they can't do anything for you at the doctor's office when it's a virus! I think the only reason to go to the emergency room is (besides complications)is because you get dehydrated with the fever but I was careful of that ;)
Brrrrr, I can't imagine having that thing and to have to take care of twins. I hope your friend is going to get better soon.

hiro said...

And are you now pregnant? ;p

I have hardly caught a cold or flu even when my son had very serious one. But when I am very exhausted and want to have a rest, I just pretend to be sick badly. I was rather skinny when I was younger, so it did work. But these years it doesn't work well, because I have been getting fat. They say "You look just fine!" huh,,,

hiro said...

Anyway, please take good care of yourself!!

Candy said...

hehe tsssss, but you say it's a virus, the doctor may say it's different!!! oh I see you belong to the very stubborn "baaa, I don't need a doc!" gang! :P