Friday, November 16, 2007

Tis Fall

Kind of. The temperatures during the day are still reaching 83F (27 C.) in the afternoon making it a bit difficult to think about Christmas at all. And yet, I've got to move my butt to be on time to send packages to family in France.
I'm trying to enjoy the weather with long walks with my camera. And the kids and the dogs. And now I've lost the thingy that goes on the lens to protect it. I've lost it in the house too. 2 weeks ago...I've even posted a reward, a generous one too. So far they have found my sunglasses that I lost 3 months ago, the little book where I put important phone numbers, lost 1 1/2 month ago and a pair of scissors that I didn't remember having. Do you think they still qualified as a lost/found object if I didn't know they existed?






5 comments:

hiro said...

The pictures are so beautiful!! You live in a great area! Lucky you!
Well,, if you lose something, you will find something that you lost before. :p

Candy said...

haha, there's justice, finally! Here, with our 0°C to 4°C, we believe very much Xmas is not far! Cinnamon biscuits and hot wine on the way! Yeeeepeeeeee

Your pictures are just wonderful!!!
I wanna one of these figues!

Laurienna said...

Hiro:
Thank you! It's very unusual for us to have great fall colors. Usually it's too hot and dry and the leaves just just turn brown and drop. They don't even turn yellow. It's the first year that I have been here that we have had a real fall.
And yes we have found a lot of lost things looking for "that" thing :)

Candy Froggie:
I can hear you gloating you know :):)
Come on over, you can have all of the figs you want. There is still a lot on the tree and I eat some everyday...

Jack said...

Good pictures! Poor you shivering in those AWFUL temperatures ...
Things go missing all the time here and nobody owns up! grumph

Laurienna said...

Jack:
Hey it's really cold now, yes I swear. I have to wear a jacket in the morning you know. On top of my t-shirt :):)