Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Vacation

Well, I took just a lil vacation here, ahem.
We didn't go anywhere but I only used the computer for urgent work stuff and tried to do a lot of stuff that either needed to be done or that I had badly wanted to do for a long time and never took the time to actually do.
Like,

- planting a winter vegetable garden for the first time.







- cooking and cooking for Thanksgiving. I don't know how people can eat that much food. But apparently it is possible.




- read a book. Yep, an entire one.
- took long walks. In the hope of shedding the 10 pounds gained at Thanksgiving.
- went out with a friend and ate a humongous piece of cake with 2 large coffees. I can't button my jeans anymore.
- played with my camera. A lot. But I still can't take a decent picture of my jewelry and I don't know why and it's driving me nuts.





- played one of the most fun board game ever with the kids. It's hilarious and you cannot be worried about spending an entire day playing this. Seriously.



This game is based on the equally hilarious comic book:



- decided to make some of the presents for Christmas instead of buying them.
- a gazillion trips to the craft store later, decided it was a bad idea.
- but i said I would do it so I am.
- Christmas is way over rated anyway. Right?
- No, it's not. I love Christmas.
- maybe everything will be better with a little eggnog. But, then will I still be able to cut straight lines? Need to try.

3 comments:

Candy said...

you read an ENTIRE book?!!!! Which one, hm? (just checking, I'm sure you were too busy to read an ENTIRE book! hehe)

I love these pics of your jewels, they're wawwww stunning!

about Christmas, we'll be travelling (to Germany) sooooo only very light and small presents allowed... that is a good basis (trying to convince myself of that ;-)

Laurienna said...

Candy Froggie:
Well, ok, I FINISHED my book, lol! It's the one in the sidebar: The Illuminator, and I liked it a lot.
Light and small presents? With 2 little kids? :):). Good luck!

hiro said...

Seemed you had a great vacation. ;)
And I love the pictures, very beautiful!! And the jewelries! I wish I could buy your creation.