Sunday, March 04, 2007

For Ever And Ever

That's what it took to get to Disneyland. You are driving for 6h30 mns in the middle of nowhere. Oh, sure, there are cows, and fruit trees that smell a hell of a lot better than the cows, grapevines, more cows. And hills, lots and lots of hills. And wind, lots and lots of wind. And more cows. And hawks too.
And then, quite suddenly ( nah, I wasn't sleeping pffff..) ( well, maybe a little )you find yourself in L.A. traffic which is always something. First there is ALWAYS an accident. Yes, I do mean ALWAYS. And so you are stuck, and stuck, and stuck some more. And, unbelievably, while you are stuck because of an accident, you witness ANOTHER accident happening on the lane right next to you. This time it's a lady who rear ended the huge truck in front of her. We were going at max 2 miles per hour and she manages to rear end a truck. I wonder if she was talking on the phone, eating spaghetti, doing yoga or if she was just so bored she really really wanted something to happen right now. People, I'm telling you, tssss.

( yes, I'm feeling very superior right now. I mean, come on! 2 miles per hour tops! )

Ok, let's breathe ( well, as well as you can through the smog you know, it's L.A. after all ).
There are lots of people with red cars that look like they could go really fast. Except we are all stuck as you know and "that's what you call ironic" ( Pirates of The Carribean dialogue here ). And after a few turns you find yourself on Disneyland Drive. Everybody is happier and we reach the motel with a sigh of relief.

The 2 next days were spent having fun Disney style. We flew with Peter Pan, had a mad tea party, got shot by pirates, hugged Minnie ( the second my daughter paused to get her picture taken with Minnie, my camera died. It just died. I couldn't believe it. Good thing Minnie is an extra nice mouse: Miss A. got an extra hug and a really nice autograph! I still can't believe it died.).

We ate Jambalaya and Gumbo and Mickey beignets and Churros.

A ghost hitched a ride with us at the Haunted Mansion and we met Geppetto. And we got sunburned and drenched the same day ( I had never been so soaked before, to the point of wringing water out of my underwear).

And then, there was the parade and the fireworks...I love their fireworks! I love the fact that you are in the middle and that they surround you with them.

And there was shopping...too much shopping ;)

It was fun...lots of fun. And there was still one more day of vacation and we decided to spend it at La Brea.

To Be Continued....





3 comments:

Candy said...

waving @Gepetto and his lil pinocchiette ! hehe

Oh thank you for the details!
(feeling magic sparkles around!)

I don't want to be stuck in LA traffic BUT I think I could stand it if that meant I'd enjoy all that a few hours later! (you lucky ones!)

Laurienna said...

The country is so big that it always takes hours to go from point A to point B...but it's always worth it! Well, for me anyway ;)
I know we are lucky and we are enjoying it :)
Have your kids been to Disneyland yet?
Oh, and just for your visual enjoyment hehe, today I'm wearing a t-shirt bought at the pirate boutique. It's black with a skull and bones cross (of course!) and it says:

" The beatings will continue until morale improves"

Huhu, I have great taste! ;)

Candy said...

LOL I love it!

no so far I've never taken them to Disneyland, Loup is a bit too young but I think it will be Lola's gift for her next birthday :P (yeeeeeeeeeepeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!)
hehe