Thursday, February 14, 2008

Love, Love

And a happy Valentine to everybody :). I like Valentine's day here better than in France where it is mostly a lover's love that is celebrated. So restrictive!
So here it is from me to you: love, love!

I think I found out why people who love Mika really really love him ( no, this blog is not turning into a Mika fan club in spite of all appearances).
Right.
Last Thursday miss A. came back from school a bit upset because some of her classmates had made fun of her. She had dared to cut her hair short. Apparently 8 years old little girls are not supposed to have short hair.
How does this relate to Mika you will ask?
I think Mika doesn't care what people look like, dress like, who they love and how. You really have 2 choices in life. You either try to fit in or you don't. But in each case the price to pay is heavy.
I think that in the case of Mika he is actually able to project his right to be different to people around him so that they feel accepted...and loved.
Ok, I'm done! Now everybody goes and give some love.
And don't eat too much candy.
She says as she is opening the chocolate box.

Ah, one more thing: videos from the concert in SF are starting to appear on youtube. Here is a very good one.

3 comments:

Candy said...

jumping and singing behind my screen!
Thank you, Youtube, for being there! and thank you people who make the effort to record videos and share them online! So, thank you m'dame! :-)

(I heard you screaming in the video by the way! yeah yeah it was you! hehe)

And I totally agree with you about the celebration of lover's love in France! way too restrictive!
Our American friend Michelle came earlier with cards from her kids for the whole family, that was so nice!

Anonymous said...

When I first heard Mika a couple of years back I thought, hmm, that's good! And now he's blown The USA hehe
I'm sure it was good for you, too ...

Interestingly, he was launched in the UK via BBC Radio Two and was derided by the radical pop corps because of that.( Beeb Two is regarded as an oldie station, and yeah, I listen to it a LOT!)
Jack

Laurienna said...

Candy Froggie:
Oh, you would definitly be able to hear me scream :):)
It's so nice to have people from another culture as friends, isn't it?

Jack:
Mika is not well known here but it's getting there!
At least I hope so because I really want him to come back.
I listened to the oldie radio too :)