Sunday, February 03, 2008

It's Sunday

Finally, it's Sunday. I've been waiting for Sunday all week long. See, I've been suffering from withdrawal because Mark has been working over time. On my computer. Well, our computer I guess. I'm the one who whined the most for it though. I actually have one in my office but even considering the level of withdrawal I was going through I can't bring myself to use it because IT IS THE LOUDEST COMPUTER IN THE WORLD. I swear it's like sitting on an aerial landing strip.
Anyway, what did I want to say already? Mmmm, working over time. That's going to go on for a while. For me too. Shoot. But a lot of good stuff is happening and getting done so we'll just have to go through that first before finding a balance.
Oh, I know what I wanted to say: have you seen Juno? If you haven't you must, it's really good. Both hilarious and sad like real life. The writing is outstanding. Here is the word I'm looking for: smart.



Well, we finally got our daughter back. She had been at a friend's house since friday. Apparently she had no intentions of coming back. Mph.
And my son had his usual group of friends over for hours.
So, basically Mark and I have been completely ignored today by our children.
Hours giving birth. Years breastfeeding and playing with babies and toddlers. Hundreds of diapers. And then, first chance they get they ditch you.
Mph again.

I can't wait to go see your blogs and see what has happened. I hope your Sunday is good.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

My two are both past 20 years and still in the house ... grumph. Mind you, when they're not, the house is deadly empty ...
Jack

hiro said...

My son still lives with us, but he has been neglecting his parents since he was around 13 years old. Well, maybe it's normal. I sometimes feel the same way as you wrote. I sometimes think "He is so ungreateful to me!! He forgot how I have been taking care of him!!" But think of myself, I was just the same to my parents. ^-^)

Candy said...

ok, it's nice that my babes are stuck to me and one day I'll think of it as a blessed time ;-), but my devils do not let me sleep and I tell you, I could do with being ignored then ;-) hehe

I will watch Juno, I really wanted to and now I just want it more! :)

Laurienna said...

Jack:
I know! If they are there they get annoying. If they are not it feels empty!

Hiro:
Yes I guess we all detach from our parents at some point. We have to. But it doesn't mean it's easy. Sometimes it feels like it's not easy for him either to choose to spend several days in a row with his friends or hang out with us to do something fun.

Candy Froggie:
:) It really depends on the age that's for sure. When they both were under 7 years old, it was more "Could someone please take them?".
Juno is great. It is so rare to see a movie in which the decisions of a young woman are valued and supported.