Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Love Today

I didn't have my camera. Actually, I didn't even have my purse. The day got really messed up and we got there barely on time to hear the first part. Good thing I wasn't in charge of the tickets huh? Man, I really wish I had my camera it was an awesome show. I think Mika is crossed with a god hehehe...
I'm waiting for people to post videos about the concert. I could only get videos from the night before in LA, but the show looked very similar. Here we go for the details...

There was a girl-angel bursting out of a blue ballon, Mika appearing all in white with sparkly silver suspenders and a gold jacket, electricity going through the crowd as he is pointing at the sky, an inflatable 30 feet tall BIG GIRL, a piano that Mika played half sitting up because he couldn't stop dancing, a teasing war with his drummer as they played rythms back and forth on garbage cans, big ballons floating over the crowd, a giant squeleton hugging Mika, double D's as he called them :)( the big girls), A giant M, Mika's voice getting raw, a light and shadow show with a bad rabbit and a wolf, a giant squeleton hugging Mika, Mika lifting the crowd off their seat, the heat that nobody cared about, 100 billions confettis at least, an incredible finale with Lollipop where everybody in the show got on the stage and had a big huge party, a big burly guy in the crowd wearing pink bunny ears and a pink boa, my daughter standing on her seat singing her favorite song ( lollipop) as she is waving her glow stick, 2 men sporting matching red t-shirts saying " 2 hearts beating as one", Mika taking his shirt off and playing drums as the crowd roared, a gazillion teenage girls screaming, a 3 year old and a 60 year old dancing, my son clapping with the beat, the flowers on the stage, and oh Mika :)

I think he should be refered to as a public health service. It was difficult to go to sleep after that. I call it the Mika high...I'm still on it!
And that's good because today is Mark's birthday. I need coffee. Lots and lots of coffee. And Mika.

The grand finale:



I know this one is pretty bad but it'll give a pretty good impression of a Mika concert...here he is " Billy Brown" especially for Candy



Thank you Mark, awesome present :)

6 comments:

Candy said...

Mark! Happy birthday!!! Well done for Mika, it was like a perfect present! :)

Laurienna, haaaaa thank you for all the details! I could feel the shhhpirit of it! I can't wait for more videos but you've already made my day with Billy Brown (it's a great song, no? but I love all of his songs anyway! hehe)

There is really something in Mika that makes him apart/different from the other singers. He has this lil (huge) *sparkle* in him or something like that!

I had not thought about kids, but Mika is just so perfect for both parents and kids (and for just everybody actually!), what a wunnerful way to spend an evening out!!!!! Fantastic!

Anonymous said...

I found you thanks to our friend Candy Froggie. Thank you for the videos, I was also at the concert on Tuesday and was blown away!!! :D

Candy said...

haha no but really it's too good, does it make sense if I tell you that knowing you were both there I feel kinda connected to this concert too! thank you, girls! hehe

Laurienna said...

Candy Froggie:
Mark says thank you! I can't even choose one song that I like the best...all great! And I'm giving my profound thoughts on why Mika is so well loved in the next post :)
It makes perfect sense: everybody connects through Mika :):)

Bluelulie:
Aaaah that's so weird that you were there and I don't know you but now I do a little bit ;). Blown away is a good way to explain it!
Where were you?? We were on the last row before the seats at the very top!
I'm going to check out your website now!

Anonymous said...

I was on the main floor, just in the middle, stretching my neck behind a huge guy and an sasina guy who where just one step above the pit.

Laurienna said...

We were higher up then...I didn't see anybody with a little miss sunshine t-shirt.
I loved that movie.