Thursday, January 24, 2008

Sweeney Todd

We went to see Sweeney Todd yesterday. I loved it..they all did a great job and thankfully I didn't have any trouble understanding everything. It is a bit harder for me when people sing. Helena Bonham-Carter and Johnny Depp gave outstanding performances but so did the supportive cast. Tim Burton did a very good job here and the movie is very artfully filmed. It is not for the faint of heart however. Lots and lots of blood of course but the murders are also done in a very gory, plain view kind of way.

In short we had a bloody good time!

Hehehe, sorry, couldn't resist :)


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm warming to JD more all the time. no, not the whisky! Especially after he flew his P of the Car. costume over to London's Brompton hospital in order to tell stories to the sick kids. You know Sweeny is a true story don't you? And Tim Burton makes real atmospher flicks. His Corpse Bride is another classic.
Jack

Anonymous said...

Oh, and to add to the other posts, my daughters are smaller than you! 4'11" and 5'1" hehe Still a bloody handful mind ..
And the eldest just WILL NOT take pills or medicine ...arrrghhh. God help us and her if she gets really sick.
Jack

Candy said...

yeah, well, the *singing part* in it just makes me hesitate a bit... I've this kind of overdose of the Disney's where they keep singing.

But then, Tim Burton often works (for the music) with Danny Elfman who's a genius... so yeah I will absobloooodilutly watch it! :P

Laurienna said...

Anonymous Jack:
Do you think there is a way to get hospitalized at this hospital, mmm? I mean, surely he is going to do this again, right?
The Burton/ Depp collaboration is always interesting. I liked the corpse bride too.
Lol about your daughters. How old are they? I guess people who don't like to take pills don't really grow out of it.

Candy:
I don't really like musicals so I did hesitate quite a bit to go see that one. But it works. It really does. The, brrrrr, true story, the fantastic actors, directors and writers...it all works ;)

Anonymous said...

my daughters are 21 & 23 going on 15 this year ... I'll post up a picture of them on me blog for you.
Jack

Candy said...

Ok I'm convinced!!! Gotta watch it!!! :P