Monday, December 04, 2006

Back from There

We are now in California going up and up and inevitably the first flurries start falling. Did I mention I don't like snow? :). And I especially don't like it here because people in big cars think they are invincible and who cares that it is snowing I-am-not-slowing-down. And so inevitably also, some idiots managed to have an accident due to the snow on a barely damp road with clear visibility. And they closed the road and everybody stood to a standstill for an hour and a half in Truckee.



The ambiance in the car is divided. On the kid and dog side it looks like that:



In short: Cool! It's snowing! Let's roll down the window and stick our tongue out!!
Husband side: total calm and serenity, let's listen to the music kind of thing.
Laurienna's side: well I'm afraid Laurienna is muttering about stupid people driving like idiots. But the kids and the dog succeeded in making her smile and take more pics because at that point what else is there to do?
And after 1h30 mns we were able to resume the trip at the awesome pace of 10 miles per hour in weather that definitly got worse and worse until we got to 5 miles per hour.







But we did make it ... in 7,5 hours. Well at least we made it back on the same day which is not always garanteed. Being stuck in the snow has happened to us many times since we have moved here. And most of the time it's no big deal but I have to say that was one of the worst blizzard I saw. Several more feet fell over 2 more days and the " ski people " like I call them are rejoicing.
That's right, I'm not one of them ;)

1 comment:

Laurienna said...

And adventure in the "comfort" of a car is the even better ;)I'd have liked some coffee but oh well :):)
I'm telling you, I'm so impatient to see that painting!! How is the weather on your side of the pond?? In Sacramento it's sunny and dry which is a little odd for December. I'm still waiting for really cold weather to have Raclette, yum!