Sunday, December 03, 2006

Home, Sweet Home

Now where was I? It's now Saturday and Laurienna has started to reach the limit of her patience but she is still being a very good girl according to herself. My husband voted for a " somewhat " before the good girl but then that's his problem isn'it? Hehe. And of course, 1h30 mns before a long decided departure time my daughter starts to be sick. Like stomach flu sick if you see what I mean. Yes, I know, you are so happy you are reading that post now, aren't you? So, of course I sacrificed my sanity on the Altar of Motherhood and I did not drag my precious child in below freezing temperatures in the high Sierra. Except that we knew a big blizzard was building up and we knew we had to leave very early on Sunday or stay stuck in Reno until the next Wednesday.
So we left Sunday morning at 10:45 sharp.






And it started well enough. But suddenly Home Sweet Home started to look so so so far away...

To Be Continued And Hopefully Finished Tomorrow!

1 comment:

Laurienna said...

Oh so close and so far at the same time lol!
I'm loving these virtual roadtrips too. I couldn't believe how excited my kids were to see the eiffel tower on your blog. It's so exotic to them! I have family living in Paris but on the only occasion that we went back to Europe with them, my dad visited with us in Grenoble instead of the capital. We did spend a few days in London though, with great friends of ours. Amazingly the kids remember it. They were 7 years old and 18 months old. Aaaaah the memory of changing diapers and breast feeding in an airplane when the weather is going stormy!!