Saturday, January 27, 2007

Play

Last night we went to see a play by my favorite people: my son and his classmates in the "13 colonies". They have known each other for 4 years now, with the exception of a few that only arrived this year. They have had to work together in spite of the inevitable spats that happens in a group of people whatever their age. They have grown, both physically and mentally. All the parents were so proud, and me I almost cried...I'm so relieved that my children are happy and healthy. When I took the decision to move to the US ( yes it was my idea ), I wasn't so sure I'd like it. And granted there is plenty to complain about. Actually, if I didn't have kids I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be here anymore. I wanted to be an archeologist all my life ( and I still do ). In my mind, my life would be spent on my knees with a brush delicately pushing sand of artifacts in some far away country where it's too hot and nobody in their right mind would want to stay.
But my parents decided otherwise and I didn't dare escape and leave my little sis' by herself with my mom who is not such a healthy person. And now my little sis' is training for her dream job, raising 2 beautiful children and married to a grreat guy.
So in the end it workes great for everybody doesn't it?
And maybe one day I can work in an anthropology or archeology field, who knows?
In the meantime, I'm thrilled everything turned out all right for the people I love so much. After the play, we got to stuff ourselves with all the goodies that the parents baked and talk to everybody to our hearts content. And watched our kids play together, starting the dance of attraction inevitable in between boys and girls. The chase, the giggles, the whispers and nugging on the girls side. The laughs, bragging and showing off on the boys side.
They are growing up indeed :)

In the pics: my son in between the 2 tallest boys in the class
and his ,hum, "best friend" shall we say in the next picture :)


1 comment:

Laurienna said...

Well, perfect mom is probably not what the real "perfect moms" would ever call me! Hehe... But I know what you mean: they are essentially happy and that's what counts. If it doesn't I'm in big trouble :):)