Tuesday, February 20, 2007

The Happiest Place on Earth

Yep, that's Disneyland and that's where we are going. Actually, this trip was a gift for Mark's birthday (yes, I know, he'd rather be in Hawaii on the beach, hehe). That's the 2nd time that we'll be going there (with the kids that is; we had been there together before we had kids)(that sounds almost impossible: before we had kids? Can't even form that thought fully!). The first time we went for the wedding of one of Mark's cousin who was getting married very close. At the time, incredibly, I didn't think I'd like it and wanted to spend all my time at the Ocean with the kids. But my mother-in-law insisted we should go arguing that it was silly to be so close to Disneyland with little kids and not go. She was right and so we went...and we had a blast. We all loved it which I really didn't think would happen. But the look on my daughter's face (she was 5 at the time) when she met and talked with Cinderella, Mickey, Tigger and Captain Hook was priceless indeed. We stuffed ourselves with Churros and Mickey ice cream. We watched Tinkerbell flying over us during the fireworks and the parade quite frankly is amazing.
This time, the plan is to have tea with Minnie and meet up with Captain Jack Sparrow on New Orleans Square :)




We'll be back Saturday or Sunday. If you are going on vacation, have a good time and if you are stuck at the office, heu, well, sorry!

1 comment:

Candy said...

lol I can't remember either my life "before" we had kids! Was there such a life? I should have taken more pics of it to remember more easily :P

nowwww... I wanna go there I wanna go there!
I've been to Eurodisney and pretty enjoyed it, but I believe it's about nothing in comparison with what you have there!
Even if I'm the kind to say "ohh pfff noooo, that's not for me", I'm always the first one to try to discuss with peter Pan! hehe... I always get caught by the magic of such places!

(can't wait to read all about your vacation!)