Monday, October 08, 2007

Home Decorating

I worked particularly hard this summer and was very well payed for it. So, I decided that the house needed a little sprucing up and I started thinking.
We need very badly a new sofa, several lamps, a rug and new cushions.
And, hopefully one day we'll get all of that.

But for now, I went for the refined and understated for which I'm so well known for.

And, plus, everybody needs a gargoyle, right?

So, without further ado, I present to you Edgar The Gargoyle:





Isn't he cute? My son thinks I have a really warped sense of what cute is. He doesn't know what he is talking about. Actually, Edgar looks quite a bit like Piper when you wake her up in the morning ;).

5 comments:

Candy said...

hahaha! I LOVE Edgar! does he have a bro by any chance?!
Honestly, he's superb, I'm under the charm!

what was the work you did this summer? You had a big order to make or something like that?
Bravo for that!!!

Laurienna said...

Candy Froggie:
I knew someone else would love him too :):)
As for his extended family, he only had 2 puny distant cousins with him. They looked like they had eaten something bad. As opposed to Edgar who just looks fearsome :):)
Someone I know found very old american coins and asked me to find out for how much and where to sell them. It was a lot more work than I thought...But now I know all about american history, mintage, where they printed money, proportions of metal in coins, how to grade them for quality, etc...And then, the hardest part: finding a buyer that's not a thief and learning about old coins laws in different countries ;). The whole thing took 1 1/2 month, pfew.
Very interesting though...on several levels ;)

Candy said...

oh wowww! what an adventure!!!!

So Edgar's the best it seems! Great he has now joined such a welcoming family :P

hiro said...

I think he is cute, really. :p the nails look sharp and dangerous, though. ;)

Laurienna said...

Hiro:
:):) Yes he does need a manicure doesn't it?
I'm glad you're back :)