Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Sold!

That was such a hard decision to make: sell our first house, the tiny 1905 arts and crafts bungalow that we bought when we moved to Sacramento. We lived in it for 8 years and we adored that house. Even though it was on a busy street, and the neighborhood wasn't that great...We made it our own with vines and flowers and crazy paint choices ( the fence was pink ), and raised in it 2 toddlers and a cat. But, we each got a business that we needed room for, the tiny room shared by the kids was just too small and the neighborhood was getting worse. And we had to drive too long to get our son to school: he had just started to go to the Rapid Learner program. And then, a house went up for sale just across the street from the new school with enough space for 2 offices and a backyard runned down with fig, apricot, plum and peach trees. We went to see it at the insistence of my mother-in-law, and met the seller who was romanian. We talked about Europe and peaches and we made an offer that he accepted right away even though other people had offered more. It was fate and we love our new house. But yesterday we went to the old house for the last cleaning and touch up and there was a little pit in our stomachs as we drove away. I don't even have a good shot of the house but this one gives an idea :)
At the same time, now that I don't have to take care of 2 houses and all the paperwork it takes to sell a house, I'm finding myself with a lot more time on my hands. The question is what do I do with it?

4 comments:

Jack said...

I thought you were older than that, but you look very cute in your fairy outfit ...

Is the pirate the estate agent? (realty agent?)

We search all the time for more time. Then, when we get it, we wonder what to do. Idle hands ...

Candy said...

oh wawww I knew something BIG was happening! Well done! It's never easy to change one's life when it's comfortable :P but it seems it's gonna be really better with your new house!

The pic tells much about the house and the spirit of it (happy sigh)... and I've no doubt the same spirit is already in the new one!

what's the plan now? you're already in the new house, yes? We wanna pics, of course ;-)

Laurienna said...

Jack:
Huhu, yes it's me. And actually you are not that far off for the real estate agent..I wouldn't have wanted to cross her.
Time, I'd so love to have more time. It's true though, that when I have it I don't do the things that I have been complaining about not being able to do it because I didn't have time :)

Candy Froggie:
We have been in the new house for more than a year now, we were living in between the 2 houses for a long time because there was a huge amount of work to be done in the new one. So much that we were not able to live there for months. But now we are settled in and I'll have to show you all the stone work that we helped a friend of ours do..it's very cool ;)

Candy said...

Laurienna: ohhhh ohhhhh I did not get it at all (grmppph, I thought I got rid of all my blond roots :P)... now I understand! Then bravo for all the work too! then now you have free time to organise "before" and "after" work photos :P