Sunday, July 29, 2007

See You Soon

Well, shoot. I did it again it looks like, but I have a good excuse this time..actually several :). Family visited, then friends visited, then we went to San Jose to watch the american women's soccer team play against the Japanese soccer team. Awesome game, fast, smart..really great. We hiked for a good part of that day too: up the yellow hill to see mount Diablo and eagles flying over the clouds down to a a forest of centuries old oaks. A great day...and now we are leaving for 5 days for Carmel-by-The-Sea, a great little village on the cold coast of California...really cold, we are dropping down 30 degrees F at least. I mean, we actually need sweaters there in August...unbelievable. It's my favorite place to go: an angry sea with wind beaten up cliffs, seagulls, whales, dolphins and seals. Pure happiness...
My sister did point out that going there with 2 children and 2 dogs doesn't qualify as a vacation :)
I'll come back on fiday night very very late as usual with lots of pictures. In the mean time you can check out this website for an idea of where I'm going to spend 5 glorious days ;)

Have a good week,

Marie

2 comments:

Candy said...

oh wawww the place looks wonderful!

I hope you had a great time there!

Laurienna said...

Oh we did and I'll prove it in my next post :)