Saturday, June 02, 2007

At World's End

It was great! The special effects were incredible really. All my favorite characters were there: Captain Jack Sparrow of course but also Captain Barbossa and the excellent Tia Dalma the gypsy queen. Miss Swann manages to not be so annoying and, total miracle, Orlando Bloom manages to look like a pirate at the very end.
Critics here have complained that there is too many plot lines, that it is confusing and that the movie is too long. Well, actually, it seemed pretty straightforward to me: betrayal left and right :). Seriously, even my 11 year old had no problem whatsoever to follow the story sooooo, I don't know, brain change maybe? Reboot? As for the length, time flew by :). I loved the fact that the movie was about the last stand of the only truly free men and women of their era. And that "good business" represented by Lord Beckett gets blown up is very fitting.
Just go and enjoy yourself... I heard that Johnny Depp loves being Captain Jack so much he'd be happy to do another one. The final scene certainly leaves room for another story so let's cross our fingers and toes ;)


3 comments:

Candy said...

I think too much success brings at some point pointless criticism! I will surely watch it as soon as I can! Wooohoooooooooooo! And Johnny Depp must have been some kind of pirate in another life... its suits him so well! :P

(lol @orlando finally looking like a decent pirate at the end! hehe you really made me laugh here!)

Laurienna said...

Oh yes , do go watch it, it's fun...It's pretty funny that Johnny Depp has no effort to make to look like a pirate. Poor Orlando! Hehe...

Candy said...

lol !