Thursday, June 28, 2007

And Today is....

My Birthday!!
So, of course I had the usual questions:
- do you feel old?
- are you traumatized?
- do your knees squeack when you kneel?!

Well, really I don't see how any of these could possibly apply to me since I'm only turning 36 26. Hehe.
I have been feeling a little weird though lately...a bit like Alice in Wonderland, seeing weird people doing weird things that obviously makes sense to them but not at all to me. And like Alice I'm kind of floating around, feeling in turn curious, giddy, angry, exasperated and finally throwing my arms up in the air in frustration at not quite understanding what these people are all about. Ah well, maybe I'll be more patient and understanding when I grow up :)

12 comments:

Valérie de Haute Savoie said...

juste un peu en retard, ici on est déjà le 29... Bon Anniversaire !
Tu es donc Cancer comme mon fils, ma mère, ma soeur, ma tante, mon neveu, ma copine..... :)

Candy said...

Alice in wonderland is my fav' !

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY!!!!
I wish you to be 26 for ever and ever (just like I am :P), and I wish you the most relaxing weekend!

Mwaaaaaa**~~*^* * *

Laurienna said...

Valerie de Haute-Savoie:
Merci beaucoup Valerie! Ca me fait plaisir de te voir par ici :). Et oui: cancer...comme mon papa aussi, qui est ne le 24!

Candy Froggie:
Thank you very much for your wishes :). The relaxing week-end is not happening so I'm banking on being 26 for ever and ever ;)

Jack said...

Visiting from Candle's blogg (just over there) you make lovely jewelry and have an even more beautiful daughter. Best wishes on being 26!

Laurienna said...

Thank you Jack! And I see that you are writing in your blog again :). I'm happy you came by ...And I really like it when someone named Jack is paying me compliments :)

Jack said...

Sorry my return to blogging is with a story that's so hard.

On a sweeter note, and to show my 'fluffy' side, have you introduced your family to my favorite character yet?
ta da ....
Shaun the Sheep!
http://www.shaunthesheep.com/

Laurienna said...

Jack:
Yes your story is very hard..and very good too. I have been over your blog reading here and there for some time, and you are talented, but I'm sure you know that already :)
I love Shaun and I didn't know it at all. I'll show the site to the kids tomorrow. I already went there and hum, you know, did my parental duty and all and played some of the games ;). They are going to love it. Thank you for showing your fluffy side too :)

Jack said...

I try to keep my fluffy side as private as I can ... but I'm trusting you with the secret. I didn't know you visited my blog, I feel suddenly naked. Pas me a Maple leaf.

Candy said...

(lol, I have bonzaï leaves if you need, Jack! hehe)

Jack said...

But could I trust you to only trim my bush?

Laurienna said...

:):):) a bonzai leaf, yeah, that's it!

Jack said...

Sheesh, but boy, can you go off people!