Friday, September 07, 2007

Defcon 1

I haven't said anything earlier on this blog but tomorrow is going to be, how shall I say that, a wee bit stressful.

I have to get up at 6am on a Saturday because my son has his first soccer game of the season. They are all bigger now and the potential for injury is greater. And they are playing against a team notorious for playing dirty.

Then we'll rush home to get a bite to eat and then it's off for his first game as a referee this time. The players will be older than him. But he'll be refeering with one of his best friends and Mark. And I'll be on the sideline glaring at unruly parents. If one gets out of line with the 2 kids, he or she is dead. I'm not in the mood to discuss another option.

Then, we'll rush home again to clean the house.

Then, we'll rush to the airport to pick up my dad and his wife at 6pm. I'm thrilled beyond words. That's right, right up my alley.

We have had an intensely hot and dry weather for days now. And now fires are burning all over California. Sacramento is covered in a big thick smoke that burns your eyes and throat. The sun is orange and it is raining ashes.

This Saturday Playing in Sacramento:

Apocalypse Now

4 comments:

Candy said...

Oh jeez!!! Not the purfect weekend I can imagine... but be (kinda) reassured, there's always balance in this world (we have a party time weekend, with the lil devil away with his grand'ma and grand'pa ;-)

I tremble in my boots for Thomas, the possibilities of injuries is scary!
I guess they can get the same kind of injuries as with rugby here (the sport here that provoke the worst injuries!)

And I'm sorry you have to spend time with your dad's wife... in a few words, you give a pretty good idea of why you're not so fond of her company... how long will they stay? If you need to just let yourself go with that (like shouting and call her names :P), don't forget your blog is practical for that too! ;-)

have a good weekend, if possible!

hiro said...

Well well,,,, Seems it would be a bit busy weekend. :)
Ahh,, soccer,,, a little dangeraous to play, yes.
I hope you can enjoy the weekend! :)

Candy said...

pssshhhhiiiit... I hope you've survived your weekend! (crossing bits here)

Laurienna said...

Candy Froggie and Hiro:
Thank you for your support ;). Actually they are here for 10 days... They'll leave on Monday and right now I can't do a thing without somebody breathing down my neck or having a meltdown of some sort. Yes, all of them... I'll be back on Monday. I haven't even been able to go on your blogs and I hope everything is well with you two :)