Friday, September 28, 2007

The Dog Who Would Not Be Trained

( I know, bad Harry Potter imitation title)

A few days ago I went to the bookstore and got a dog training book that I had heard about for a while. I happily took it home and sank into the couch reading it. 4 pages later I realized I needed to get dinner started and put the book down. Later that night I wanted to keep reading it and looked for it everywhere. It seemed to have vanished. Since this is not exactly unexpected in this household I dropped the hunt and went to bed.
Next morning I took my coffee to sip in the backyard as usual and I found this, lying about in the grass:



Let's examine the likely suspects:



I present suspect number 1, miss Piper.
As you can see from the state of that soccer ball, strength and teeth are present and fully sharpened. But, come on, look at the bambi eyes. Can't be me, right?



And here is suspect number 2 aka as bad boy Legolas. Excellent thief with good agility and speed, always looking for trouble. And, is he laughing at me?
The nerve.

I think it is hilarious that this book is the only one that he has ever destroyed. He hasn't shown any interest for chewing books since then either. Luckily.

If only he would stop destrying every pair of flip-flops that I own ( 6 pairs, all gone ), it would be swell.

3 comments:

Jack said...

Very funny!

But you use dog training books to hit them over the head with, not to read, silly girl.

Candy said...

LOL !!!

you should try with a new book like "how to treat your dog like the king of the world" and see what happens :P

Laurienna said...

Jack:
:):)
Tsss, tsss, hitting any animal does not happen in my world ever. Well, except with human grown-ups behaving badly. Now, a good old wack on the head with a dictionary is very tempting ;)

Candy Froggie:
Ah, but see, that's the problem, I didn't get any books for that but the dogs are clearly treated like little kings and queens. By me mostly. I think I need to be trained.
But they are so cute! (rolling eyes) ;)