Friday, September 21, 2007

A Slice Of My Day

I had planned (!) to do a post about everything we did during the last 10 days but it is too overwhelming for tonight. Too many great places we went to and way too many pictures to wade through. Today was spent cleaning up my office for the interview kind of but also because I had wanted to do a thorough cleaning since we moved 2 1/2 years ago. You know, you move and you put boxes full of stuff under the desk because what on earth are you going to do/put pics of babies, weddings, Halloween and Christmas decorations, shells from the Reunion island, stamps from France, Christmas presents people gave you and you couldn't even figure out what the hell you are supposed to do with this but you don't dare throw it away. So, true to myself everything went/was stuffed in the closet, under the desk and behind the desk, in the corners and on top of the Ikea armoire. Everything is very thoroughly covered by dust, dirt and insects exoskeleton ( sorry, love that word and not many occasions to use it, unless you excavate in my house that is ).
I stole a few minutes in the garden watering just before getting dinner ready and I'm just going to post pics of that moment for today and will come back tomorrow.
Arf, I just remembered I've got to get up extra early for my son's soccer game.. and it's supposed to rain. I wonder if J is going to bring her homemade scones again. I've got to remember to bring my coffee...





4 comments:

Candy said...

it sounds like ... you're in the middle of a busy/stressing chapter! You've had so much to do in such little time it seems!!!

But a stressed cycle is always followed by a relaxing one ... or at least "calmer" one!
Yeeepeeee, can you feel what's just behind the next door then!?
Take out the hamac, put soft music on and just enjoy some quiet minutes! :)

Your pictures are wunnerful! I wanna be there and smell all these flowers, I miss flowers... Paris stincks, really!
I'll buy some next week (even if it won't feel the same)

Jack said...

Well, my lap is always open for stress relief ...

I have a box of cut little pieces of string in my loft labeled 'Usless pieces of string'

Minimilisim is something I really aspire to but know that I can never attain ...

Damn, but the women's USA soccer team has just thrashed our gals. One of your team high fiving another player after an elbow in the face is not cricket mind ... tsk tsk

England at least put in a good Rugby performance ...

Laurienna said...

Candy Froggie:
I'm telling you, when the second week of January finally comes I'll hibernate completely. For a week ;)
Do get yourself some flowers ;)

Jack:
"Useless pieces of string" :):), I love that! Minimalism will just not happen for me I'm afraid, I'm a hopeless case!
Doesn't surprise me about the high fiving after hitting another player. They were definitly not soft when I saw them play..and that sounds like payback...not good. I hope the ref saw it ;)

And I really need to watch rugby once, so that I don't die an idiot :)

Jack said...

Candy, send her a vid file of some rugger in action .. there's no silly padding to spoil her view of the muscles in rugger! hehe

I doubt American football players would last a second against the All Blacks. Oh, you must have a vid on them doing the hakker! (sp)